- Yeah I know a new Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation trailer just came out.
- It looks good, it looks fun. Yeah.
- But this Spectre trailer has more stuff to speculate on, and a lot of cool things that I wanted to talk about.
- 2012 was an insanely great year for movies, including the release of Skyfall.
- Casino Royale and Skyfall are two out of maybe five Bond films that I’ve seen, and in terms of other spy films in general they’re pretty high up on my favorites list.
- Skyfall has the slight edge, but Casino Royale was also great.
- And in the beginning of this trailer, I loved seeing that this movie looks like it takes place right after Skyfall.
- There are repercussions, things are still getting resolved.
- And I love that because so many movies can just push the events of the previous installments to the side, but I like the sense of continuity, especially in a franchise that doesn’t have much of it.
- And new Moneypenny is all like, “you have a secret Mr. Bond.”
- And that will be really interesting to explore, mainly because of how she says Bond is a secretive person, and doesn’t trust anyone. I’d really like to see that part of his character explored in Spectre, which I think will happen.
- From there we see Bond going into the mountains, which I think could be a really cool and isolated setting.
- You see him walking through this abandoned shack of a place, and eventually meeting up with Mr. Creep-of-the-Year himself.
- From there, I like seeing the sinister political aspect of the Spectre organization, and how this could be the thing that cripples James Bond.
- Every movie hero/heroes need something to fight against. Captain America has Hydra, the Wolverine has Weapon X (and X-Men have Sentinels). This could be the Hydra or Weapon X for Bond.
- The end of the teaser in particular I thought was really cool, where it just showed the boardroom of evil.
- An actual alliance of evil, or secret assassin organization is an idea I’ve wanted to see done really well in a movie for a long time, and I think Spectre could pull it off well.
- In Conclusion, I liked the continuity that Spectre appears to be taking from Skyfall, I like the eerie and mysterious tone it seems to have, I like the tests and trials that are continuing to face Bond, and I like the idea of an evil alliance that is the group Spectre.
- If the movie turns out to be great, we could have a really solid Daniel Craig Bond trilogy.
- Cuz let’s just forget Quantum of Solace…
- Spectre, coming off of Skyfall, was one of my most anticipated movies of 2015, and I won’t say this trailer got me super amped for it already, but the teaser did get me fairly excited that the movie is only 7 months away!
So guys, those are my thoughts on the Teaser Trailer for Spectre! What were your thoughts on this trailer, and what’s your favorite Bond movie? Let me know in the comments down below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.