Here are my thoughts on the first good movie of 2016!!
My thoughts on the latest not-great YA-novel adaptation!
- Alright guys, so it is Awards Season in Hollywood!
- The Oscar nominations came out a few days ago and they were alright.
- There were definitely a few snubs (Aaron Sorkin for Screenwriter, Inside Out for Best Picture, Emily Blunt for Lead Actress), but I was pretty happy overall with the results.
- I think the Academy is an extremely credible awards ceremony, it’s one of my favorite nights of the year, but sometimes they still miss even more movies on their nominations list.
- So I decided to compile my own list of Best Picture, Director, Actor, and a couple other categories.
- And just to beat the Oscars, I put in my 3 nominations and 1 winner all together. So basically you’ll see my pick for best, followed by 2 runner-ups.
- These aren’t necessarily my favorites of the year, you can check out my Top 10 here though, but they are the talents I think should be recognized more than they should be! (So says my humble opinion…)
- So here we are in the 1st Annual My Movie Thoughts Awards!
The Oscar hype is real! My take on “The Danish Girl.”
The Importance of An Academy Award
an Editorial for My Movie Thoughts (and English Essay…) by, John Hayeck