- I apologize if there are some typos in this article, but I’m writing on my phone while my laptop is in the shop.
- Either way, I wanted to talk about this news cuz, I’m not quite sure how to feel about it…
- Stephen Amell, star of Arrow on the CW has just been announced as Casey Jones in the sequel to 2014’s reboot of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- I really like Amell in Arrow, and though I wasn’t a fan of the first TMNT, I was fascinated by this news.
- So ultimately, I’ll make this short.
- I think Stephen Amell is good in Arrow, but that being said, I don’t know that he’ll have the charismatic and sarcastic attitude that Casey Jones usually presents.
- I’m not saying that Amell can’t act, because chances are he’ll be able to pull it off.
- My other main concern is that Stephen Amell, a really good dramatic actor, is being brought on to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.
- And this goes hand in hand with my previous concern. Even if he is able to pull off the role, let’s take a step back. It’s the Megan Fox led Ninja Turtles sequel.
- Will Arnett was supposed to be the “comic relief” in the last movie but ended up being a creepy weirdo.
- So I’m hoping the writers don’t make Amell’s big screen debut a total fluke.
- In Conclusion, my two main concerns are either: Amell will lack the sarcastic attitude of Casey Jones, or (more likely) he’ll pull off the role but it will be a crappily written role.
- Honestly though, I hope he does a great job because I’m rooting for the guy. However, as of right now… Eh?
So guys, those are my quick thoughts on Stephen Amell being cast in the sequel to 2014’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments down below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.