- The Good Dinosaur is Pixar’s newest movie starring a bunch of voice talent that I couldn’t recognize.
- And this thing has had a whole bunch of behind the scenes drama in getting made, but it’s finally here and I finally get to bring you a review of it!
- So The Good Dinosaur follows this dinosaur named Arlo, and ultimately Arlo is on a quest to make something of himself.
- He lives in the shadow of the rest of his family, and he wants to feel important!
- And I won’t give too much away besides that because I knew very little going into this movie…
- This movie is good!
- It’s very simple and sometimes simple is better. I liked Arlo, I liked Arlo’s dad, I liked Spot the little human-dog thing that Arlo becomes friends with.
- The Arlo/Spot relationship reminded me of the Hiccup/Toothless relationship in How to Train Your Dragon. And the two worked well together.
- The character relationships are what made this movie work.
- That, and the emotional core.
- For such a simple story, Pixar does hit you with those moments of family importance and friendship, and there are definitely moments to cry in here.
- The animation is top-notch too, everything looked breathtaking.
- But I will say that this movie has some issues though. Mostly in pacing.
- The movie is a very simple movie, and that works to build things out of it.
- But the simplicity makes the movie feel very short, and it doesn’t make it feel extemely cinematic, if that makes sense.
- Luckily the animation adds that cinematic quality, but for a studio that has these brilliantly original ideas, Pixar just felt kinda average on the story for this one.
- Like it was a simple premise that was executed simply, but decently.
- At the end of the day though, SIMPLE DOESN’T MEAN BAD.
- This is definitely the best dinosaur movie I’ve seen this year and even though it doesn’t reach the heights on Inside Out or The Peanuts Movie, The Good Dinosaur is a Good Time and Definitely Worth Checking Out.
So guys, those are my thoughts on The Good Dinosaur! What are your thoughts on this movie if you’ve seen it? Let me know in the comments down below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.