- Guys it is now 2016 on My Movie Thoughts!
- And everywhere else…
- And with a new year, we have a lot of new movies. 2016 has a lot of seemingly good ones coming out, so many that I couldn’t get them all on this list. (So honorable mentions go out to Finding Dory, The Jungle Book, Doctor Strange, and Now You See Me 2. You guys just missed the list!)
- And I promise to see all the movies on the list this year.
- Last year I skipped Chappie and Taken 3 cuz I heard they were horrible…
- And Sea of Trees is having distribution problems I guess?
- Anyways, that’s the preface, so let’s get on with this list!
10 – Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
- What? John! It’s only at number 10???
- Yeah I’m optimistic about Batman v. Superman but I’m cautiously optimistic.
- I still think it’s a bad idea to throw in a ton of Justice League characters when it’s clearly a Batman and Superman movie.
- That Comic-Con trailer was awesome, one of the best I’ve seen in years, but that second trailer that just totally ruined the 3rd act…
- That one made me check my expectations.
- So yes I am excited, but still very hesitant.
- I’m amazed this movie is actually coming out though, like it’s been 3 years that we’ve been expecting this thing!
9 – Passengers
- The director of The Imitation Game directs Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence in a thriller/romcom set in space.
- Sign me up.
- I know very little about this property, but that premise has me very intrigued.
- I haven’t seen Pratt and Lawrence on screen together much, but the two are so charismatic individually that I can’t imagine they wouldn’t be together!
[No Link Available Yet…]
8 – Zootopia
- This movie looked like a lot of fun from the first trailer I saw of it.
- That being said, the next clip I saw from it was on the big screen and it was the RMV scene.
- And I laughed so hard at that scene.
- Zootopia is a movie I still know very little about, but it’s a movie I’m super psyched for regardless.
- It looks insanely funny and it could be a new animated movie that kids really love, and I’d love to see a franchise of these things provided it’s actually good.
7 – X-Men: Apocalypse
- X-Men: First Class and X-Men: Days of Future Past are two of my favorite superhero films ever.
- Not only that, but I think they’re 2 of the best made films of the past few years.
- However, I don’t want to get my expectations too high for Apocalypse.
- I’m not even watching the trailer, but I will annotate it below for you guys.
- I’m still unbelievably excited for the movie though and can’t wait for it to hopefully be good!
6 – Everybody Wants Some
- I’m not a huge Richard Linklater fan, but I am a Dazed and Confused fan.
- Beyond that, Everybody Wants Some looks fun, it looks hip, it looks like an American Pie esque high school/college movie.
- This movie looks like it’s gonna be a really fun time at the movies, hopefully not too stylistic like Boyhood, and the trailer that dropped recently really sold me.
5 – Suicide Squad
- I’m surprised this movie is this high on the list!
- I’m really excited for Suicide Squad, but not as much as some other people who were absolutely jacked right after that Comic-Con footage came out.
- I really enjoyed the Comic-Con trailer, but the premise alone gets me into Suicide Squad.
- I just can’t wait to see the villains, I’m really excited to see Harley Quinn and Deadshot, this looks like an A-list cast.
- Jared Leto looks like a weird new Joker, though I still question all those tattoos.
- I feel like if Batman v. Superman is OKAY, then this movie could be GREAT.
4 – Deadpool
- Deadpool is a movie with one of the best marketing campaigns EVER.
- This movie has been advertising so well that even non-hardcore fans like myself are really amped for it now!
- Deadpool looks gritty and violent, but still hilarious and fun.
- As long as the runtime comes in under 2 hours and nothing feels too repetitive, then this movie could be the turnaround Fox needs after Fant4stic.
3 – Hail, Caesar!
- Hail, Caesar! is a new movie from the Coen Brothers, and I’m not a huge Coen Brothers fan.
- I haven’t seen a ton of their stuff, but what I have seen feels a little long and drab.
- That being said, the trailer to Hail, Caesar! completely grabbed my attention.
- This movie looks meta and funny in all the right ways, and I love comedy like that.
- Anytime I saw the trailer to this movie in a theater, I laughed more and more.
- Top that off with an A-list cast, and you’ve got my ticket.
- Plus it’s the first of the movies on this list that I’ll get to see!!
2 – Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Coming off of The Force Awakens, everyone (including me) has Star Wars fever.
- And we forget that there’s gonna be another Star Wars movie IN LESS THAN A YEAR.
- No this isn’t one of the new “Episodes” but it takes place between Episodes 3 and 4 (closer to 4) and focuses on the original band of rebels who steal the Death Star plans.
- From the few images and glances we’ve seen of this movie, this doesn’t look like a Star Wars movie at all.
- This looks like a gritty war film that takes place in the Star Wars universe.
- And I love that they’re putting the “war” back in Star Wars.
- The premise is awesome, I don’t know much about the cast but I bet they’re gonna be really cool too.
- Prequels haven’t worked well in Star Wars before, but I think Rogue One is the chance to be the exception.
1 – Captain America: Civil War
- Guys, this is the movie…
- Ever since I heard the Variety report that Iron Man would be a main character in Cap 3 and it would be Civil War…
- I haven’t read many comics, but I’ve read Civil War and it’s one of my favorites.
- The premise is so intriguing, I love that they’re turning Tony Stark, the hero of the Avengers franchise, into a villain for this movie.
- I love the politics that will play into it from Cap’s side.
- I love that we’re finally gonna get to see Spider-Man and Black Panther.
- I can’t wait to see the Avengers be side characters though, because it’ll be so fascinating getting a look at the Avengers team from the perspective of only member.
- That’s the most anticipated though, I’ve been hyped about this movie for years now, ever since they said the words “Civil War.”
- It’s the only movie I was looking forward to more than The Force Awakens, and now I can’t wait even more knowing that it’s only 4 months away!
- (It’s also the same day as my AP US History Exam… That’s ironic right?)
- (Also ironic that last year my #1 was Star Wars and #2 was Marvel, but this year it’s flipped!)
But guys, those are My Most Anticipated for 2016, what are yours!? There are definitely a lot of good ones coming up this year, and plenty that I may have forgotten. So leave those and yours in the comments down below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.