- This movie is going to be compared A LOT to The Fault in Our Stars.
- I actually don’t see it that way.
- I see it more as The Spectacular Now meets The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and seeing as those are two of my all-time favorite films this movie was pretty good I’d say!
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl is a film that premiered earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival and is one that I actually got to catch a week or two early (depending on when it’s released in your area).
- The film is about high school senior Greg who’s trying to navigate around high school and understand each of the social groups, but in the meantime his kinda acquaintance Rachel is diagnosed with leukemia. He also makes film parodies with his friend Earl (hey, they’re all in the title!) about the classics.
- But there’s really so much happening in this movie that’s ultimately so much grander than I described that it’s hard to summarize in just a couple of bullet points.