Oh my God. Really?
(original article found at: http://variety.com/2014/film/news/john-lasseter-to-direct-toy-story-4-out-in-2017-1201349848/)
- First off, I’ll let you guys know that I’m trying out this new format that I’ll use for News Announcements and Spoiler-Filled reviews, it’s just a test for right now.
- Second: have you guys heard this!?
- It was announced today that Toy Story 4 is officially happening, and John Lasseter, the chief of PIXAR, will direct it, due out in June 2017.
My General Take
- I’m not really sure how to feel about this!
- Toy Story 3 is the Best Animated Film ever made, in my opinion, it ranks at about 10 or 11 on my Top Films ever, and the first two aren’t that far behind it.
- I’m not saying I have no faith in the PIXAR team, I’m just saying that I don’t want them to mess up thousands of children’s childhoods.
- When you make one of the greatest trilogies ever, inspiring thousands, you don’t want to do a fourth one and end up jumping the shark (ask Indiana Jones).
- That being said, I couldn’t be happier that this is happening!
- The Toy Story Trilogy was amazing, and I’m sure that the fourth will be fine, but I do have some reservations, seeing as how sacred these films are in the animated universe.
- I think PIXAR will probably do really well making this movie, I just hope it isn’t a desperate attempt to win the animated crown back from Disney.
- PIXAR has produced an absurd amount of GREAT movies, and I’m interested in seeing where Toy Story 3 goes, and if I’m being an optimist, I hope it can live past the first two, and Toy Story 3, one of my favorite films.
So guys, those are my quick thoughts on the announcement that Toy Story 4 is coming!