- This movie has had 1 hundred-and-one problems surrounding it.
- I was looking forward to this movie when I first heard about it a couple years back for one reason: we live in a post-Dark Knight Trilogy era where superhero movies aren’t stupid and cheesy like the Jessica Alba Fantastic Four movies.
- I assumed that the new Fantastic Four would have that new, dark edge to it that all superhero movies do nowadays.
- Then I heard rumors about the problems on set, the release date being pushed back, Josh Trank (the director) maybe borrowing too much from his prior work Chronicle (one of my favorite films, by the way). Plus we hadn’t seen any images or footage from the film yet and it’s only 6-ish months away!
- But this trailer changed my mind on that.
- I thought that this trailer was GREAT.
- The entire trailer has this vibe, but if I wasn’t straight-up told for the first 25 seconds that this was Fantastic Four, I would have assumed this movie was directed by Christopher Nolan.
- The trailer had this broad scope to it, and the landscape-shots added with the voice-over really made it feel like a Nolan-directed, extremely professional film.
- Then I love the science-fiction element that the trailer added.
- Part of why I liked the original X-Men movie was the science-based aspect it grounded in.
- And I’ve heard that Trank directed this in more of a science-fiction/action manner as opposed to a superhero origin story, which excites me.
- The shots that the trailer presented of the lead characters also really excited me, and it showed that each of the characters was coming from a really different place when this movie opens, which is pretty interesting and kind of original!
- And from there, you see a lot of action and scientific experimentation and maybe a different dimension at one point?
- I guess my only complaint is that some of the action in the trailer looked a little bit too much like effects, especially in the other dimension, but that’s really a knit-pick.
- In conclusion, I haven’t done too many trailer reviews lately because very few trailers have impressed me like this one.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron – Great.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Really, really good.
- Jurassic World – Ehh, okay?
- Ant-Man – Alright, despite awkward jokes…
- Terminator: Genesis-With-A-“Y” – Horrible.
- I loved the tone of this trailer, I loved the scope this trailer had, I love that it didn’t give too much away.
- Now I can say that I’m looking forward to the new Fantastic Four again, and I honestly think it could be like X-Men: Days of Future Past meets Ant-Man.
- Even though I haven’t seen Ant-Man yet. Just guessing, but that’s what it seems like to me!!
So guys, those are my thoughts on the new Fantastic Four Teaser Trailer! What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments down below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.