- Hello, hello everybody!
- That time of the year has come around where the summer movie season is just about over and we’re starting to move into the time of year where some really strong and emotional movies hit, trying to win some Oscar votes.
- So last year, I did a Top 5 Most Anticipated for the Rest of 2014, but this year there were SO many that I wanted to do a Top 10.
- But I also wanted to be fair and not include movies like Joy or The Hateful Eight, cuz those movies were on my Top 10 Most Anticipated for ALL of 2015, and just update you guys on some other movies I’m really excited for.
- So here we go!
10 – Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Yes, this was my number 1 most anticipated movie of the entire year, but like I said: I want to be fair.
- So Star Wars is by far the movie that I’m the most excited to see out of all of 2015, but I put it at number 10 just so 9 smaller movies could get some recognition.
- So Star Wars is a movie I can’t wait to see, I’m not raising my excitement too high for it cuz I don’t want to set unrealistic expectations, but it looks really good so far.
- And year, number 10 also goes out to Joy, Sea of Trees, and The Hateful Eight, all of which were on My Top 10 Most Anticipated of 2015, but aren’t now just for fairness.
- But anyway, now we can move on to the less confusing and hopefully more fair (at least in my opinion) part of the list!
9 – The Martian
- I’m a big fan of space movies, and The Martian looks insanely good.
- I love seeing a survival story, so I hope that The Martian can be kinda like Castaway in space.
- I am a bit nervous that the trailer may have given too much away, so I’m still trying to flush the memories of that trailer out of my mind, but I’m excited for The Martian regardless.
- And to avoid any (what I think are) spoilers, I won’t link the trailer here…
8 – Everest
- Everest is a movie that I’m cautiously optimistic for.
- When I first heard the cast and premise for this movie, I was over-the-moon.
- Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Brolin, and Jason Clarke are all INSANELY talented artists, so I couldn’t wait to see them all together in a visually breathtaking movie.
- And I did enjoy the trailer that came out, but it seemed like they were going a little style over substance (at least that’s what I saw), and it seemed to be more of a ‘cinematic movie’ than a real biopic that was going after Oscar consideration.
- Once I saw that, I was a little confused that it wasn’t what I thought it would be, but now I’m excited to just see a cinematic movie instead of a hard-hitting movie. I’m still excited for it though, and the visuals look GREAT.
7 – Bridge of Spies
- Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg in the Cold War look like they’re gonna knock it out again.
- I love the mental element to this movie, like there is ‘war’ going on, but I think this movie will do what Argo did, and builds intensity around words and the hypotheticals.
- It’s a movie that I’m sure we’ll be hearing a lot about come award season…
6 – Captive
- Captive is a movie that I didn’t know too much about until recently, but I now can’t wait to see.
- David Oyelowo and Kate Mara both look like they’re performing their hearts out in this movie, and the story looks like it’s gonna be executed really well.
- As long as they don’t go SO mellow-dramatic that it gets corny, then we may have a potential Oscar contender here as well.
5 – Sleeping With Other People
- I heard really great buzz about this movie coming out of Sundance, and I can’t wait to see it.
- Every September, there’s usually like a very dramedy-ish romantic movie that comes out, kind of like This Is Where I Leave You from last year.
- I’m a big fan of those kinds of movies, and I hope that this really has the magic that Sundance laid out for it.
- Plus I’m a big fan of both Jason Sudeikis and Alison Brie, so seeing those two together on screen will be great.
- AND this is the closest movie on this list, so I’ll get to see it like this week, or maybe the week after that? So extra props!
4 – Black Mass
- As a Massachusetts resident, I KNEW the Whitey Bulger movie was coming out at the end of this year.
- I don’t know that this will be the Johnny Depp comeback role that everyone thinks it will be (including myself about a year ago), but I do think the film can be great.
- I haven’t seen anything from director Scott Cooper, but I’ve heard that he does intensity real well and that’s something that this movie will surely have.
- The cast is star-studded, and this movie looks insanely good.
- I am a little nervous that every trailer I see, the prosthetics on Johnny Depp start to get worse and worse looking, and Benedict Cumberbatch’s attempted Boston accent, but other than those two slight observations, I’m excited for Black Mass.
- And it’s another September movie!
3 – The Revenant
- I’ve heard that there were some production problems on The Revenant, like they went over-budget or something, but this film looks INCREDIBLE.
- I love the way this movie looks to have been shot, I love the actors involved in this movie, I love the director/screenwriter (Inarritu is such a visionary) and I can’t wait to see this movie.
- I know where I’ll be spending my Christmas! (After dinner with my family…)
2 – Steve Jobs
- Aaron Sorkin is probably my favorite screenwriter in the business, Michael Fassbender is one of my favorite actors in the business.
- I haven’t seen a TON of Danny Boyle’s work, but I love what I have seen.
- I’m not a huge Apple fanatic, but I got goosebumps (a movie not on this list for just cause) watching the trailer to this movie.
- Michael Fassbender doesn’t even look like Steve Jobs did (I know it was supposed to be Bale, then DiCaprio?), but he sells himself as Steve Jobs in the trailer, and the looks don’t even matter.
- Steve Jobs is a movie that I can’t wait to hear the dialogue of, I can’t wait to see the performances in, and I can’t wait to watch in general.
- Only to be beaten out by one movie probably no one has heard of……
1 – Sicario
- I watched one trailer to this movie once, and it looked incredible.
- Denis Villeneuve was a masterful director on Prisoners (one of my all-time favorite films), and the cast of Emily Blunt, Benecio Del Toro, and Josh Brolin (Brolin snuck onto this list twice!) looks phenomenal.
- This feels like a simple story on the outside, but I can’t wait to see the intensity that Villeneuve will undoubtedly bring to it, and I can’t wait to see all the twists and turns.
- Like James Ponsoldt, Villeneuve is making movies that are aimed at films buffs and people who appreciate a layer of thickness to their movies, and I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us next.
- In fact, I can’t wait more than any other movie on this list!
- Besides Star Wars, but well…. That doesn’t count!
So guys, there’s my list of my Top 10 Most Anticipated Films for the Fall of 2015! What movies can you guys not wait to see? Let me know in the comments down below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.