- Hey Guys!
- So typically I don’t cover every single piece of news that comes through the movie world, but there are occasionally some cool ones that I like to talk about.
- This is one of them.
- If you read the title, you might be wondering, “what’s Love May Fail? why’d Emma Stone join it? why’s John talking about it?”
- I’ll address all of those!
- So Love May Fail is a film being developed by TriStar (part of Sony) and it’s based off of the 2015 novel from Silver Linings Playbook’s author Matthew Quick.
- I’m a big fan of Matthew Quick, and (despite Silver Linings Playbook being my favorite movie ever) my favorite two books of his (in this order) are The Good Luck of Right Now (2014) and Love May Fail (2015).
- Lots of parenthesis in that bullet point!
- Both of these books are currently being developed for film, and Love May Fail seems to be further along in development than The Good Luck of Right Now because Emma Stone just signed on to be the lead: Portia Kane.
- And I really like this casting choice!
- While reading the book, I imagined Portia to be a bit older, like well into her thirties and feeling a sense of regret, but I think Emma Stone can bring a raw and youthful sense of regret to this character.
- She could be playing an older version of the character though, like J-Law in Silver Linings?
- But regardless, I was expecting them to cast someone Katee Sackhoff in the role. I’m a fan of Katee Sackhoff, but I think that putting an A-Lister like Stone on the project gives it more credibility and shows that the studio has faith in the project.
- Then again, Aloha…
- But still!
- I think Emma Stone has the charisma, charm, and range that a character like Portia has, and I can’t wait to see her take on it. This could be one of Stone’s most unique roles to date if she plays it the way I’m envisioning her to.
- A big part of this also depends on who they cast as her former teacher, Mr. Vernon.
- When I heard Emma Stone as the lead, I immediately thought of Michael Keaton in the role of Mr. Vernon. Then it took me a minute: wait, why did I associate the two…?
- Oh yeah, they both got robbed of Oscars this year!!!!!!!! :0
- Michael Keaton would be really cool as Mr. Vernon, but even if it isn’t him, I’d love to see who they do choose for the role.
- So in the end, you guys may not have even heard this news, but it’s something that I’m very fond of and I’m very excited to see in action!
- I typically don’t advocate reading books before movies come out to avoid spoilers, but Love May Fail is a really fun and well-written novel that I think a lot of you may enjoy.
- And if you stick to my spoiler rule, at least read The Good Luck of Right Now, cuz that’s seemingly stuck in eternal development for right now!
So guys, those are my thoughts on Emma Stone joining Love May Fail! If you guys heard this news, what do you think of it? And what’s your favorite Emma Stone movie? Let me know in the comments down below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.