- The Big Short is a movie starring Christian Bale, Ryan Gosling, Steve Carell, Brad Pitt, and a whole bunch of other guys.
- It’s directed by Adam McKay, the director of Anchorman and a ton of other Will Ferrell comedies.
- And although this movie is funny, it’s definitely not a comedy. It’s this fresh and energetic look at the minds who predicted the 2007 Housing Crisis.
- And this movie is really enjoyable, albeit not perfect.
- All of the performances in this movie are PHENOMENAL.
- Christian Bale and Steve Carell are the standouts, but everyone is fantastic, even the supporting characters. There were some funny cameos in there too at points.
- But the cameos aren’t just these throwaway things, they’re actually used to advance the plot.
- And that’s my favorite part of this movie: the way it moves.
- This is a fast movie that you need to think through, but it constantly has this energy of freshness and life to go along with it.
- Everything feels like something we haven’t seen before, this movie comes across as a completely original story and that was an awesome way to present itself.
- The dialogue stays really snappy throughout too, keeping the characters in check.
- The only issue I have with the movie is that it’s dealing with EXTREMELY complicated material for the average moviegoer.
- Like, if you don’t go into this movie with economics on the mind, you’re gonna get lost.
- So it does get a bit convoluted at times and you definitely need to play catch-up more than once to keep up.
- But seriously, that’s my only flaw with the movie.
- I thought that all the actors were great, this was the best ensemble I’ve seen all year. I thought the directing made the movie feel bold and new, and the dialogue was good despite some complicated plot points.
- This movie felt like a really great documentary yet also having the joking elements of a really good spoof. It did what Spotlight couldn’t do, and tell its source material in an engaging way.
- I will say The Big Short is a VERY Good Time and Definitely Worth Checking Out.
- Almost made that next grade! It’s on par with The Martian for me, super, super good!
So guys, those are my thoughts on The Big Short! What are your guys thoughts on this movie if you’ve seen it yet? Let me know in the comments down below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.