- Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip is the FOURTH movie in the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie series.
- And in this one, Alvin, Simon, and Theodore go on a road trip with this teenager named Miles because the chipmunks’ dad is supposedly about to get engaged to Miles’s mom, and the four plan to stop it.
- And well… It’s an Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. Not much else to say!
- So as per usual, the humor in this movie is aimed at 6 and 7 year olds.
- For that reason, you have a lot of fart and pee jokes delivered by the chipmunks.
- There are a few good chuckle moments in here, but nothing memorable.
- Also, the CGI on the chipmunks isn’t that good… You can tell they’re just these dumb CGI things.
- And all of the actors are phoning it in on this one, no one’s actually trying. At least in the other ones we had David Cross having fun, but nah the actors in this one look bored.
- In addition to the lazy jokes, the writing is very simple too, like there’s one line of dialogue that’s like, “yes, that makes sense. What should we do next? Okay. That sounds like a good plan.”
- And the chipmunks are actually the least cartoony characters in this movie.
- There’s this one air marshal who is so dumb and so cartoony that he’s like Smurfs-level of bad.
- And the kid Miles that they don’t get along with is a total cliché too.
- I will say though, the movie does have a good message of family and sticking together, and taking responsibility.
- It is very surface level, but if kids are gonna be thrown fart jokes, then at least there should be a good theme at the end. Even if it is in your face.
- So for that reason, and the few jokes that weren’t too terrible, I can’t completely say this one is unwatchable…
- But Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip is Pretty Terrible and Definitely Not Worth Your Time.
So guys, those are my thoughts on Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip! What are your guys thoughts on this movie if you’ve seen it? Let me know in the comments down below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.