- Sisters is a new movie starring Amy Poehler and Tina Fey where they play (you guessed it) sisters.
- Their parents are selling their childhood home, but the sisters want to have one last memorable party at the house before it’s gone.
- And I did not have high expectations going into this movie. The trailers looked terrible, I didn’t know much about the creative team, and it seemed like a joke that this thing was coming out the same weekend as Star Wars.
- But the movie wasn’t as terrible as I thought it would be. That being said, it still wasn’t good…
- So Amy Poehler and Tina Fey star in this movie, and those two have awesome chemistry cuz they just do.
- The two of them having awesome chemistry is why we have this movie, so it’s good we got the easy point for that one.
- But when you look at the characters that they’re playing, these are two of the most flat, undeveloped, one-dimensional cartoons I’ve seen in a movie all year.
- Amy Poehler is basically less-developed Leslie Knope (and I already had a problem with Leslie’s character on Parks and Rec), and Tina Fey’s character like an unapologetic Melissa McCarthy impersonator.
- The two are supposed to be role-reversed in this move since Tina Fey is usually the up-tight one and Amy Poehler is the fun one, but the characters just feel DUMB. They act and feel like dumb people.
- And the first 1/3 of this movie is just sad, boring, and not at all funny…
- For the first 1/3, you are sitting there and watching a horrendously long SNL skit that was written by like a tired zebra.
- The dialogue is horrendous, the jokes are all awful, and the ones that aren’t awful still aren’t funny enough to get laughs.
- But luckily, we then move from “setup” into a more fun environment, aka the party in this movie.
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler acting like idiots started to work in this movie, once they were surrounded by other idiots in a party setting.
- Cuz the party feels fun, and seeing all these 40-something year olds act like morons was hilarious!
- They introduce this one cameo too that actually made me burst out loud laughing. That cameo was fantastic.
- And they had some really fun gags that went on throughout the party.
- Some of the characters at this party were annoying, but they were so weird that they did sell a few laughs here and there.
- Luckily, that party elevates the movie from being boring and makes it more fun.
- But then in the third act, they try to do this emotionally significant ending that just doesn’t work well since the characters were one-dimensional to begin with…
- It’s like the first act went down instead of up, making the ending not do what they wanted it to do.
- So in the end, the characters weren’t great but I did get laughs from some of the side characters and one cool cameo.
- The writing was pretty lazy and the first 1/3 was straightup terrible.
- If this movie is on cable, you might enjoy it, but it just feels like a mediocre version of Step-Brothers, or the slightly more fun Grown Ups.
- So it isn’t as bad as I thought, but I can’t tell anyway to run out and see this movie, so I’ll say Sisters is okay, but you can probably skip it.
So guys, those are my thoughts on Sisters! What were your guys thoughts on this movie if you’ve seen it yet? Let me know in the comments down below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.
3 thoughts on “Sisters Review”
This was super helpful! really value your opinion, thank you!!!! Merry Christmas!!!
Good to hear, thanks so much for reading!! Merry Christmas right back at ya!
This movie was awesome! You are clearly not into chick flicks if you think it didn’t start to get good until the party scene – it was good from the first minute! Although when the pool collapsed into a giant sinkhole it was kind of the greatest moment, ever….