- Sleeping With Other People stars Jason Sudeikis and Alison Brie as Jake and Laney.
- Jake and Laney are both awful at holding down solid relationships, but have a weird history together that just might make them perfect for each other…
- And this movie is ultimately the 90-minute “will they? won’t they?” story of these two.
- And though the movie is cliché for sure, it’s executed in a way that’s funny but keeps the story very sweet.
- So in our leading roles we have Jason Sudeikis and Alison Brie.
- I’m a big fan of both of these two actors, and I think they had really great chemistry in this movie.
- There were times where Jason Sudeikis’s character was a little bit too much, a little too fast in his wise-cracks, but Alison Brie stayed sweet and real throughout the movie.
- So I liked the two of them together.
- Other than those two, the supporting cast is decent, Adam Scott was in a very different role than we’ve seen him in before and he was functional as that character.
- We are lucky that the actors are so charismatic, though, because the script ultimately has them as pretty big clichés.
- The script to this movie is ultimately riddled with clichés, but does inject enough heart and humor to keep the movie from feeling too familiar.
- You’ve definitely seen these characters before, though, and some of the plot points you can clearly recognize from other rom-coms.
- And it’s kind of a shame that this movie wound up having the clichés that it seemed to be avoiding in the first place.
- But the saving grace of this movie was the humor and heart sprinkled into the cliché moments, and those made the whole thing work positively.
- This movie incorporates pop culture jokes and enough sweet, How I Met Your Mother esque romantic call-backs for me to laugh out loud and even get choked up towards the end.
- So at the end of the day guys, I really liked the humor and heart in this movie, I thought that the actors were pretty good, but did fall victim to some cliché writing.
- The execution was solid though, and this is definitely a good movie, there’s never a point where the clichés bring it down at all. They’re just in the movie, and it’s my job as a reviewer to bring that fact to you good people.
- So it sounds like I’m being pretty mixed, but I can surely say that Sleeping With Other People is a Good Time and Definitely Worth Checking Out.
- They had an actor from American Pie pop in for a few scenes too, which I thought was funny since they fall into the same genre.
- This movie actually reminded me a lot of Don Jon: it had a fun new angle, was executed well, but still remained cliché. And the premises are very similar…
So guys, those are my thoughts on Sleeping With Other People! What are your guys thoughts on this movie if you’ve seen it yet? Let me know in the comments down below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.