- I’m not sure how far I’ll get, but there are still a few more posts I want to crank out for you guys before I head to LA for a couple days.
- TV Reviews like Better Call Saul and Daredevil
- Directing News in Superhero Movies, which I’m compiling into one post.
- And the Batman v. Superman Teaser which I’ll review when I get back… (Monday is when that comes out, apparently?)
- But we have a new Star Wars teaser, and those are always worth talking about!
- Where the first teaser (or the “announcement trailer” if you will) had a very urgent and important feel to it, I like that this one was a little more scattered. It was decent for sure, but it was both slow and fast and had some weirdness in flow.
- The teaser starts off and you see a Star Destroyer completely busted down on Tatooine, and that was cool. I liked that it showed a lot of time has passed between Return of the Jedi and this new story.
- Luke’s voiceover was cool too, it seems to be setting up a “family of the Force” type story.
- I loved the burnt out Vader head.
- Luke’s new hand was cool too, and I didn’t even realize that it was Luke (or see a hand…) until the second time I watched it.
- And from this information, I inferred that this story probably won’t be anout Luke’s kid, but I do think it will be about Han and Leia’s kid (who I assume to be Daisy Ridley).
- The next thing I really enjoyed was the action.
- We’re still about 7 months out, so you don’t really need to ‘sell’ the movie yet.
- These trailers are just meant to get fans excited for Christmas 2015, and the action does that. But it doesn’t show too much. (There’s a reason you haven’t seen a Terminator: Genesys Trailer Review recently…)
- Overall, I’m really happy that the trailers haven’t shown a ton because I can go into Star Wars Episode VII and enjoy it as a Star Wars movie and as a film, having it not been ruined for me.
- This villain, Kylo Ren I think, he looks intense too.
- This guy is gonna mean business for the crew.
- Some of my friends (who aren’t even huge Star Wars fans) were like, “that Stormtrooper doesn’t look normal!”
- When the biggest problem of our day is that “that Stormtrooper doesn’t look normal,” we must all be having a really solid life, that’s for sure…
- And then the end was cool too.
- Everyone was tweeting out THAT shot of Han and Chewey, so I saw it coming but I really wish I hadn’t.
- I wish I got all excited when those two popped into frame, and I was a little bit, but not as much had I been really surprised (like the Millennium Falcon in the last 20 seconds of the first trailer).
- And maybe I’m just delusional/movie-deprived, but Harrison Ford looks the youngest he has in years in this one shot!
- In conclusion, guys I liked this trailer a lot.
- It wasn’t as awesome as the first one (but first trailers always do have a lot more charm), but it still got me really excited for the movie.
- There’s a lot to like, just nothing really to LOVE if that makes sense.
- I thought the hinted plot elements of a ‘Force Family’ were cool, I enjoyed the foreshadowing of Luke as a Jedi master, I liked all the action, and the scope J.J. seems to have put in the whole project. And the end was really fun, despite social media having ruined it for me…
So guys, those are my thoughts on the new trailer to Star Wars: The Force Awakens! What are your thoughts on this trailer? Let me know in the comments below, and as always, thanks for reading guys.