- Captain America: The Winter Soldier is the second movie in the Captain America movie series and a movie I like more and more every time I watch it.
- The movie originally came out in 2014, I remember seeing it early on a Saturday morning, and it was one of my Top 10 Favorite Movies the year it came out.
- And in preparation for this Friday’s sequel to it, Captain America: Civil War, I thought I’d give my thoughts on the movie (right now) that has the best action in any superhero movie!
- So Captain America: The Winter Soldier is essentially what Agents of SHIELD wanted to be.
- This movie follows Steve Rogers and he’s now working for SHIELD, but Nick Fury informs him that SHIELD has likely been compromised by some rogue agents.
- And following that, we evolve into an action-packed, well-shot, extremely well-paced political thriller and amazing spy adventure.
- Wow, so nearly a year after its initial release I FINALLY watched and finished Daredevil Season 1!
- This past week I just set my mind to it and watched two episodes a day, finally wrapping it up last night.
- So now let’s talk about it!
- So Daredevil is a Netflix series set in the Marvel Universe, but it’s kind of a departure from all the other content Marvel has produced so far.
- Like Jessica Jones (Marvel’s other Netflix show), it’s much more mature, much bloodier, and really spends a lot of time focusing on its story with less explosions and more development.
- And Daredevil centers on Matt Murdock, a blind lawyer with enhanced senses who can ‘see’ everything around him despite not being able to actually see.
- But then conflict comes in the form of Wilson Fisk, a corrupt business man who wants to re-build Hell’s Kitchen (Murdock’s part of New York) in his image.
- And well, overall, the show is pretty good!
- Alright guys, we end a busy month of Movie Reviews on My Movie Thoughts with a TV Show Review!
- And that TV Show is Netflix and Marvel’s Jessica Jones.
- Jessica Jones centers on a former superhero and current private investigator (Jessica Jones…) as she comes back into contact with a familiar face from her past.
- And this show is dark, twisted, depressing, and brilliant all rolled into one.
- This is gonna sound super obscure, but this movie reminded me of the planning scene from Guardians of the Galaxy (where they’re planning out the final attack) mixed with Sam Raimi’s first Spider-Man.
- Yeah… That!
- So Ant-Man is the newest Marvel movie about the relatively unknown Marvel superhero Ant-Man.
- In this movie, Scott Lang is this criminal who got thrown in prison for burglarizing a couple places, but ultimately he’s a good guy who means well.
- And Hank Pym, the original Ant-Man, has been scouting Scott to be his Ant-Man successor and to ultimately take down this organization that’s been exploiting Pym’s work.
- And ultimately it blends humor with action with Marvel references and has these great characters that make the movie flow.
- Some of my friends have asked me, “John, why haven’t you done a post on the Spider-Man casting!?”
- Well because if I did, I would have been wrong like three times… (I still think Ansel Elgort would have been awesome…)
- After months upon months of speculation, and rumors and “confirmations” and even more rumors and “confirmations,” Marvel and Sony have finally cast their new Spider-Man and he is: Tom Holland!
- And they have Jon Watts directing.
- So, let’s talk about it because I love Spider-Man and I’m a fan of this.