Hugh Jackman’s final go as Wolverine might be his best.
Here’s my take on the newest spin on the mutants!
- Alright guys, so there has been a very conflicting road leading up to this movie’s release.
- When I first heard about two or three years ago that they were doing a Fantastic Four reboot, I thought that was a cool idea.
- They could make it gritty and dark, like every other reboot nowadays and it could be cool!
- Then they cast Miles Teller and Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara, all of whom are actors that I really like!
- But then the conflict comes in… Because then I start hearing stories that director Josh Trank is showing up to the set hungover and that Matthew Vaughn was brought in to do edits and there were months and months of reshoots.
- BUT THEN, the Trailers drop and I was really impressed with what I was seeing. So they sold me for a while.
- Then, only about three days ago, that excitement was once again spoiled with only two words: review embargo.
- Fox embargoed all reviews for this movie, meaning no critics could publish their reviews until one or two days before the movie dropped. Essentially showing that they didn’t have much faith in the movie.
- Then this thing gets a lot of bad reviews when they do come out, and here we are!
- So I go in, I watch Fantastic Four, and I didn’t think it was that bad! I’m not gonna recommend you run out and see it (read the review), but it certainly doesn’t deserve a 10% on Rotten Tomatoes!
- Alright guys, the first X-Men movie came out 15 years ago today and while I could do a review on that one (and eventually I will), I thought I’d talk about my favorite in the series thus far and the legacy that it’s ultimately created for itself up to this point!
- So not only as my favorite X-Men movie, but also as my favorite movie of 2014, one of my Top 20 Movies Ever, and one of the movies that got me started with this blog, let’s discuss!
- And I’ll have a Review of the “Rogue Cut” out to you guys in a couple days too, I bought that today and will watch it in the next couple days.
- Comic-Con this year man, putting out a ton of absurdly cool trailers!
- Alright guys, so this weekend at Comic-Con a trailer for the X-Men spinoff Deadpool was shown and I was already excited for this movie before, but this trailer shows even more and makes you even more confident about the R-Rating.
- (I’m not gonna do a post on the X-Men: Apocalypse trailer just cuz I didn’t watch any trailers before I saw Days of Future Past and I wound up loving that movie, so hopefully I get a repeat! And maybe I’m just superstitious…)
- And yes, sorry but this is the best quality I could find. It’s pretty watchable though.